National Reading Group Day will take place as part of IBW, held this year on 28th June, the first day of Independent Booksellers Week (28th June to 5th July) – click here to download the 2012 National-Reading-Group-Day-A-Guide 2012.
Do let us know if you have plans with your local library, or for National Reading Group Day.
You can download a National-Reading-Group-Day-A-Guide 2012, as well as a template leaflet NRGD – Reading Groups Flyer for promoting your shop to Reading Groups locally, and we are pulling together information from publishers on their own reading group resources.
Visit www.readinggroups.org – you will see their promotion of National Reading Group Day, and also a wealth of information about reading groups, books, and the reading group community. It’s a fantastic resource, and we’d encourage you to use it.
- Register your own shop reading groups on the site.
- Encourage your customers to register their reading groups on the site.
- Make contact with your local library and see if they run reading groups – think about how you might cross-promote your activity and how you might get a library reading group into your shop.
- Use National Reading Group Day as a launchpad for a joint bookshop/library event, inviting all library and bookshop reading group members to a big joint event.
- Let us know of any existing – or planned – joint bookshop/library activity in your community. We would love to build up a bank of Reading Group Case Studies that we can use in future years.
- Create a local competition to find the most popular Reading Group title of the year.
- Think about using the IBW Book Award Titles as Reading Group choices
More than anything, use the Day as a reason to engage with your local Reading Groups, and see where it takes you!