IndieBound & Independent Bookshop Week
Independent Bookshop Week (20th to 27th June 2015) is part of the Books Are My Bag
campaign, and seeks to celebrate independent bookshops in the UK and Ireland. We do this with events, celebrations, reading groups, storytelling, author signings, literary lunches and face painting! Your local bookshop will have their own way of celebrating, and we encourage you to visit to celebrate with them.
Check out our Twitter account – @IndieBound_UK
– for regular updates on IBW events and bookshop happenings.
IndieBound is our umbrella independent campaign, where we help promote healthy high streets, shopping local and the benefits that a diverse high street - with a bookshop at its heart of course! - can deliver to a community. IndieBound started in the USA, and is a key part of the activity of the American Booksellers Association - see more at www.indiebound.org
"For me nothing quite beats time spent browsing an independent bookstore, emerging hours later with an unexpected treasure that someone with real passion has pressed into my hands." - S J Watson
“Ernest Hemingway once said “There’s no friend as loyal as a book”. That’s why I say, there’s no greater matchmaker than an independent bookstore.” - Chris Bradford
“Independent bookshops? What a terrifying thought! Go into a bookshop and anything could happen to you. You could be educated, informed, inspired, transformed, terrified, amused ... you might come out a completely different person to the one you went in as. It happened to me. You have been warned.”
- Sally Nicholls
IBW Book Award Shortlisted Titles
Independent Sales Chart
1. Paying Guests,The - Waters, Sarah
2. Sunrise,The - Hislop, Victoria
3. How to be Both - Smith, Ali
4. Us - Nicholls, David
5. Grey:Fifty Shades of Grey as Told by Christian - James, E. L.
6. Elizabeth is Missing - Healey, Emma
7. Bone Clocks,The - Mitchell, David
8. Shepherd's Life,The:A Tale of the Lake District - Rebanks, James
9. H is for Hawk - Macdonald, Helen
10. Children Act,The - McEwan, Ian